There's been so much going on restaurant-wise lately, so here's a run down of some highlights:
- Blue Ridge opened last week in Glover Park. It's headed up by Barton Seaver, so the menu will have an emphasis on local ingredients and sustainability. Look for dishes like fried catfish with sorrel aioli and roasted butternut squash with poached egg and chorizo vinaigrette.
- Proof just hired Adam Bernbach as bar manager. Bernbach is formerly of Bar Pilar and he creates great cocktails, so it will be interesting to see what he does at Proof. (And this reminds me that I haven’t been to Proof in entirely too long. Anyone want to go soon?)
- Chef Geoff opens a new eponymous restaurant in Tysons Corner on June 25. Featured items will be day boat scallops with mushroom risotto and Cuban salmon with mojito vinaigrette.
- Georgetown Cupcake will be opening a second outpost in Bethesda.
- Metrocurean has a great rundown of Kids' Restaurant Week, which runs through June 21.
- Poste is hosting 'Poste Roasts' this summer. Chef Robert Weland roasts duck, goat, pig, brisket, lamb, squab, salmon or poussin all sourced from local farmers and serves it with seasonal side dishes made with ingredients from the Poste Garden. The roasts are served family style at the Chef's Garden table and cost $27.