Sunday, September 2, 2007

Great Britons

It's been an interesting Labor Day weekend over here at itspimmsoclock, but I'll spare you the details, and instead talk about how I spent the Sunday portion of the weekend.

First up was the "Great Britons: Treasures from the National Portrait Gallery, London" exhibit at the National Portrait Gallery. This has been on my to-do list for months, and seeing as it closes tomorrow, this was my last chance. Some of the major portraits from the National Portrait Gallery, London were there, including the Chandos portrait of Shakespeare, Queen Elizabeth II, and a beautiful Mario Testino shot of Princess Diana. One of the highlights was Sam Taylor-Wood's video portrait of David Beckham. The video, in which footballer Beckham is ostensibly asleep, attracted a large crowd of older ladies, who admired Beckham's tattoos and serenity. The other highlight was the Shakespeare, since when I was last at the London gallery, the portrait was off travelling somewhere.

After that was up-fall-wardrobe time, with visits to Ann Taylor, The Loft, and the Gap. I'm in the process of purging my closet and chest-of-drawers of clothes I haven't worn/are too old/are more appropriate for high schoolers. So, if you fall in the size 6-8 range, and live in D.C., hit me up before I drop things off at the consignment shop on 14th St.

No comments: