Sunday, July 22, 2007

Harry Potter VII

I am 500 pages in, and unlike everyone else I know, I am not eager to get to the end. If I could delay the inevitable, and just have the Harry Potter world be suspended indefinitely, I would.

I'm sure another post will be forthcoming tomorrow, when I actually finish the book, but right now I am wishing that no HP movies were ever made, since they don't do justice to Rowling's writing.

I got the book last night at the 12th and E St. Barnes and Noble. It seemed like everyone there was my age or older, and on the metro home nearly everyone on the car was reading it. And I think almost every text or ichat I have received today has been about the book. And I think that this is part of why I like it so much — there isn't much out there that both adults and children can enjoy, and unlike similar series such as "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe," or "The Lord of the Rings," we were able to read the HP books as they were published, and there is something exciting about having to wait for each new installment to be released.

No comments: