Farewell, loyal readers. I'm leaving DC for Chicago today.
I've been writing this blog for exactly three years (I began June 23, 2007), and while posts fell off after I began writing for other outlets, it was fun to look back on things I've done. Here's a sort-of greatest hits list for my past four years in DC. They're things that were really fun, and that made my time here memorable. In no particular order…
1. I judged a cupcake contest.
2. I went to Barack Obama's inauguration.
3. I went to a Barbie convention.
4. I went out to lunch and gallery hopping with Isaac Julien.
5. I took part in a DC scavenger hunt.
6. The Poet Laureate recited poems for me.
7. I went to Presidential homes.
8. I went to Jose Andres' 40th blowout birthday party with wonderful friends and met Richard Wolffe.
9. I interviewed William Christenberry.
10. I ate a LOT of amazing food with amazing people. There's been too much to call out here.
11. I got to see incredible art for free at museums.
12. I covered the National Book Festival and interviewed a lot of great authors.
Thanks for reading, everyone. It's been fun.