Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Where I've Been Eating

Some recent meals of note:

Kellari Taverna has some tasty new items on its spring menu, including a lobster salad with dragonfruit and stuffed pasta with truffle sauce and parmesan, reminiscent of some tasty bites I had a PS7's. The dessert menu includes profiteroles filled with vanilla gelato and topped with bitter sweet chocolate sauce.

Granville Moore's is a spot I've long wanted to go to, but I rarely get up to H Street, NE. Ever since my visit, I've been thinking fondly about the crave-worthy moules fromage bleu, with bacon, blue cheese, shallots and spinach. The moules Moroccan, with beer poached fennel, lamb sausage and curry cream sauce were also good, but every time my friend and I switched bowls, I was ready to get the blue cheese mussels back. With Belgian beers and a side of frites, it was a delicious night out.

• I mentioned Zentan a couple weeks ago for their Chinese New Year celebration, and I'm a fan of the sushi, Singapore slaw and the carmelized black cod, which has been causing some serious cravings.

• Eco-friendly Mixt Greens, which has opened two locations here this year, is a new contender in the city's salad trend. I like the Dagwood, which is full of roasted red peppers, roasted zucchini, roasted portabella mushrooms, caramelized onions, goat cheese and garlic croutons and topped with a lemon herb vinaigrette.

• Oh and if you're looking for a new happy hour, Nage has one of the best in the city: $2 glasses of wine, $1 frites, and an excellent bar menu.

No comments: