Thursday, October 29, 2009

"The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" film screening next weekend

I learned yesterday that The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo movie, which was released in Europe earlier this year, will be screening next weekend at the AFI Silver, as part of their European Union Film Showcase. Screenings are Saturday, November 7 at 6 p.m. and Sunday, November 8 at 3 p.m.

I'm a big fan of this book, and am currently in the middle of its sequel, The Girl Who Played with Fire, so I'm very excited about this screening — especially since the film won't be released in the United States until March of 2010. I have a guest ticket, so if you're also a big fan of these books and want to attend the Saturday screening, let me know.

The 22nd annual Showcase, which runs November 5-24, includes other notable films like The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and The Young Victoria.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, no... I was hoping to finish the book before seeing the movie ;-) I hear they're planning on making a US film as well...

Amy Cavanaugh said...

That would be cool! I keep thinking about who would be good to cast as the main characters in a movie version. I didn't realize there was already a Swedish film, though I don't know any of the actors in it.