Friday, August 14, 2009

Late August Events

As I get ready to leave D.C. for awhile, and eat a lot, read books, take naps and go in the ocean, (and go to the Decemberists, go white water rafting and meet Tomie DePaola [and tell him how much I love his blog]) here are some things I would be doing if I were here, or things to look forward to later this month.

• August 15 is Mural Jam, where area artists will be painting a huge mural near the Rhode Island metro station.

Mid City Caffé opens on August 15.

Brew at the Zoo on August 20. It's strangely fun to walk around the zoo and drink beer and look at animals. There weren't enough food stations last year, so eat before you go.

Columbia Heights Day is on August 29. My yoga studio is involved, and last year there was a cupcake eating contest.

D.C. Restaurant Week is August 24-30. I have a reservation for lunch at Vidalia towards the end of the week.

No comments: