Monday, July 13, 2009

From Bugs to Beasts: Storytelling through Collage by Eric Carle

Last week while I was up in Woodley Park, I happened to see a small gallery with Eric Carle artwork in the window. I love Eric Carle, so I went in to discover that it was the Stanford in Washington Art Gallery, and the show was From Bugs to Beasts: Storytelling through Collage by Eric Carle.

The gallery is tiny, but it's packed with collages and sculptures. There's duck and whale, fireflies, Noah's Ark, and so many other pretty works. The show runs through September 1, and hours are 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 12-6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.

Going to the Eric Carle Museum is on my to-do list for my August vacation, as I've just learned that Tomie DePaola is going to be coming for a talk in conjunction with Drawings from the Heart: Tomie dePaola Turns 75.

No comments: