Thursday, July 9, 2009

Barbie Convention

Today I went to the Barbie Convention. I somehow convinced my editor to let me do an article about it, so that comes out tomorrow, and it was one of the most fun articles I've ever done, since I got to talk to someone who actually designs Barbies. And then I met up with him today and we talked about how much we love vintage Skipper and Midge.

Here are some pics of the convention, from a VW designed for Barbie (you can't see the compact in back in lieu of a trunk) to shots of vintage dolls.


This is the original Barbie design, but this one is made with tons of tiny diamonds. So pretty.

Lots of doll accessories — I recognize some of the hats and purses.


Skipper is so cute, and my mother has this PJ set and stuffed cat.


I love Midge (Barbie's best friend), and my mother also has this dress. It was always one of my favorites.


The Generation of Dreams dress. It has pictures of lots of old Barbies.


Big Barbie cases that you could get your picture taken in.


The VW car designed for Barbie.


Parked outside the hotel.

If you want to go to the convention, public day is Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. It's at the Marriott Wardman Park and admission is $7.

No comments: