Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cherry Up! at Equinox

I'm excited, as I am every year, for the impending Cherry Blossom Festival. I love the pink trees, of course, but I also love all the delightful cherry dishes that find themselves on area menus. Cherries are one of my favorite fruits, and until there's a strawberry festival (actual favorite fruit), I'll take what I can get.

Next week I'll be sampling some of the dishes you can order during the festival, which runs March 28-April 12, but until then, check out Equinox's Cherry Up! happy hour kicking off on Friday. The special runs every Friday from 5-7 p.m. through June 5.

Cherry-themed cocktails include cherry rum-and-cola with macerated cherries, cherry pie, with vanilla-infused vodka, white chocolate liqueur, and maraschino-cherry juice, and the cherry sphere, with cherry-infused vodka and sweet vermouth. Cocktails are $10.

There will also be free hors d'oeuvres, including duck spring rolls with dark cherry sauce, asparagus tempura with green-garlic mayonnaise, and white-chocolate/cherry bark.

I want to hit this up one week. Anyone want to come with me for a cocktail post-work?

No comments: