Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration Day

It was a crazy four days or so in the nation's capital, and here's the last bit of what I did this weekend.



The scene down on E Street before the sun came up. We were among those who, due to bad advice and poor organization, didn't get onto the mall to see the inauguration. Instead we went to...



Ben's Chili Bowl! or, rather, Ben's Next Door, where we brought in burgers and cheese fries to eat while watching the inauguration on TV. See below...



This was my first time here, and it's such a cool space. Though with the crowds that have been showing up at Ben's after Obama's visit, it may be awhile before I go back. Luckily, it wasn't too crowded on Tuesday.



After napping off Ben's and my early rising (4:50 a.m.), it was off to the Equality Ball at the Mayflower Hotel. Though covering it for work, it was an absolute blast. Here's Rufus Wainwright, who I've seen in concert multiple times.

I don't have many other pictures from the ball, but you can go read my recap of the event, and then go watch a video we made (and which will answer everyone's questions about what I wore.) It was a fun few days, but it will be kind of nice to return to less crowded metros and fewer confused tourists.

No comments: