With the new year also comes endings — while I was more than ready to say goodbye to 2008, the closing of these shows crept up on me. And while I've seen all of them once (O'Keeffe/Adams and Lievens twice), I always like to see exhibits more than once so I can fully grasp everything in them.
• Garden and Cosmos: The Royal Paintings of Jodhpur at the Sackler Gallery.
•Georgia O'Keeffe and Ansel Adams: Natural Affinities at the American Art Museum. (above)
• George de Forest Brush: The Indian Paintings at the National Gallery.
These are all nice, but if you only have time for one this weekend, go to the Sackler.
Closing on Jan. 11:
• Jan Lievens: A Dutch Master Rediscovered
Closing Jan. 25:
• Christo and Jeanne-Claude: Over the River, a Work in Progress at the Phillips Collection
• And ushering in a roof restoration project that will close the museum until March 13, is the closing of Richard Avedon: Portraits of Power