Sunday, July 20, 2008

Dupont Circle Farmer's Market

Thanks to all the friends and readers who suggested that I go to the Dupont Circle market. I made my first trip there today, picking up peaches, tomatoes, blueberries (current food obsession #1), sourdough bread, basil and some beautiful bleu cheese (current food obsession #2) from Firefly Farms.

Of course I nearly melted there this morning, thanks to the heat, so now I'm cooped up in my air-conditioned house, cooking and reading Nancy Drew. After the last busy few weeks, it was nice to take this weekend (kind of) easy, with a party on Friday at the Black Cat and a dinner party last night.

I'll be fleeing D.C. this weekend for the north, where I intend to consume large quantities of lobster and track down a new umbrella from L.L. Bean.

No comments: