Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Recent Restaurants

One of my favorite parts of my job is getting to go to restaurants that I normally wouldn't get to, because I can only convince my friends to go out so often. The most recent restaurants I went to were the Blue Duck Tavern, where I went to a press dinner, and Poste Moderne Brasserie, where I had lunch with artist Isaac Julien, who has a piece in the new Realisms show at the Hirshhorn.


The Blue Duck Tavern is beautiful and modern, with a really nice outdoor area. Highlights from the menu include:

Lamb Ravioli - I've already craved these about five times since I ate them. I love lamb in any incarnation, and the lamb filling was perfect.

Hand Cut BDT Triple Fries - Fries cooked in duck fat? Yes please.

Strawberry Rhubarb ice cream - This ranks in my top five ice cream experiences (and I think the other four are actually gelato). The consistency of this ice cream was perfect, and there were hints of marshmallow. It was so good I didn't even eat the dark chocolate pie or the cheesecake also on the table.

At Poste, I had the foie gras and lemon sorbet, both perennial favorite dishes of mine, and both delicious.

On my to-visit list: Coco Sala, Locolat, Cafe Trope and Asia Nine, some of which I'm hoping to knock off when my July visitors are in town.

No comments: