Thursday, January 10, 2008

Politics and Prose February Readings

I just got the list of next month's author readings at Politics and Prose and there are a few to check out.

Sacred Games, Vikram Chandra
Sunday, February 10, 5 p.m.
(This book has been sitting on my to-read shelf since I received it for my birthday in May. It's a massive tome, and therefore may require a good deal of time to read, but it sounds terrific)

NBCC presents the 2007 Prize Awards
Saturday, February 16, 1 p.m.
A panel discussion of the National Book Critics Circle Awards with Bethanne Patrick, Scott McLemee, Ron Charles, Louis Bayard and Michael Collier
(I read the NBCC blog, Critical Mass, and it's a useful forum for information about the book world, so I expect this could be an interesting afternoon.)

The Gathering, Anne Enright
Saturday, February 16, 6 p.m.
(winner of the 2007 Man Booker Prize)

No comments: