Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Weekend Plans

Since for the past month I've been ensconced in finals or have been travelling, I haven't had much time to hit the museums or try many restaurants other than ordering Mr. Chen's while writing papers. But I have a week before heading north for the holidays, and I still have awhile to write my last final, so it's time to take care of some of the things I've been putting off.

1. Wine, Worship & Sacrifice at the Sackler Gallery (yes, I'm covering it for DCist, but it's also a chance to indulge my inner classics nerd. I'm heading there Friday). Depending on how much time it takes to see, I might swing by the NGA, which is still showing The Art of the American Snapshot, an exhibit that has been receiving a lot of negative press in the art blogs for promoting an show drawn from an individual's collection. I haven't been to the NGA since I went to see Hopper/Turner, and it's an excuse to get some gelato and check out the gift shop for holiday gifts.

2. Chix, a new organic dining spot, has a great-sounding menu.

3. John Alexander retrospective at the SAAM. The press opening is Tuesday morning, so you'll have my thoughts once my review for DCist is up.

4. Atonement at E Street Cinema on Friday. I read the novel at a very specific moment in my life, and that colored my reading of it so I'm going to try to get through it again before I see the film.

I'll also be doing some Christmas shopping around the city and going to several holiday parties, so it's going to be a very busy week.

No comments: