Sunday, November 18, 2007

Updates

• B. and I went to the Hoppera on Friday, and it was really very cute and funny. There's a performance at the National Gallery on December 2, and I would recommend it for Hopper fans — it's fun to see the subjects of iconic paintings come to life and also to see one man's take on what their back story is. Also, the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center at UMD is beautiful, and there are a few good things coming up, like Cosi Fan Tutte in April, so I want to go back while I can still exploit my student ID.

• During my movie marathon this weekend I watched The Lives of Others, which won the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film in 2007. It's set in East Berlin in the 1980s and charts the destruction of lives after bugging devices are planted in a writer's apartment. It's very absorbing and very well done.

• Blogging will be less frequent for a little while, since I will only be in the District for four full days between now and December 3, and therefore won't have much time to keep up on happenings around the city.

No comments: