Monday, August 27, 2007

Taqueria Distrito Federal

Taqueria Distrito Federal, at 3463 14th St. NW, is fast becoming one of the top perks of my new residence. The tiny little Mexican/Latin American place is hard to spot, but it's worth searching for, since inside is a a cozy taco/burrito/quesadilla joint that arouses cravings.

So far I've tried to pollo burrito and pollo and carne asada tacos. I prefer the tacos, especially since they come with a little slice of avocado on top. The menu also includes tortas, which I haven't tried, but they look delicious. Tortas are large sandwiches filled with meat, cheese, and vegetables.

Also delicious is the horchata, a drink similar to rice-pudding. You drink it through a straw, which makes it a unique drink and similar to bubble tea for its thickness.

Plus they deliver, but how can I justify that, living only two blocks away?

No comments: