Sunday, July 29, 2007

Udupi Palace & The Cliks

I went to brunch this morning at Udupi Palace in Takoma Park. It's a place I had been wanting to try for awhile, since I always love trying new Indian places, but it's not metro accessible, so we had to drive out there. It was definitely worth it, although it's in a strip mall (This was the weekend of strip malls. Keep reading.)

I have a new favorite dish, Paneer Makhani. I love anything with paneer, but this was different from my usual saag version. The sauce is rich and delicious, and I'm already craving more.

Friday I went to see The Cliks at Jammin' Java (in a Vienna strip mall). The highlight was a cover of "Umbrella," but they played all my favorites. The band is so cute, and as we learned after seeing them talk to small children (with their lesbian parents) for quite awhile, they're really nice too. They signed a CD for me, even though I had left mine at home, and Lucas is (as expected) really dreamy.

No comments: