Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Parents' Visit

My parents were in town over the weekend, which meant that I got to do touristy things and have them pay.

Friday night we went to the Bethesda Crab House, where I consumed mass quantities of steamed crabs, crab cakes, and shrimp with Old Bay. This was only my second time eating steamed crabs, the first being on a family vacation to Baltimore a few years ago. However, I think that it's something I need to do more often, especially living here. Sitting across from us was a pair who managed to eat their crab very politely, and did not get anything on the brown paper on the table. I aspire to someday be able to eat crab without getting Old Bay in my hair.

Saturday, after introducing my parents to the wonder that is the Bagel Place, we went to Annapolis. I had never been before, and it was a really beautiful day, which made it ever better. We visited the State House, went on a boat ride, where I picked up a sunburn, and then went to the naval academy. We then proceeded to eat more crab at Phillip's, this time in the form of cream of crab soup and crab cakes.

Then Saturday night was the Decemberists, and Sunday I started packing, because I am moving to Columbia Heights this week!

Requisite pictures of Annapolis:



No comments: