Friday, May 9, 2008

Mother's Day Gift Guide

My inbox has been inundated with ideas for Mother's Day dinners, brunches, recipes, flowers, gifts, cards, mimosas, etc. So what, I thought, my own mother lives five states away and I can't take her out to dinner or brunch or make her a blackberry champagne cocktail (but I CAN make myself one). Besides, her gift was ordered a week ago and the card is already in the mail.

So if your mother lives locally and you're lazy, here are some last minute ideas.

• Artisan Confections in Arlington is having a Mother's Day sale, with 10% off all purchases of $15 or more. Jason's chocolates are colorful and among the most beautiful I've ever seen.

• Saturday's 14th and U Farmer's market will have flowers, including salmon tulips, hesperis, and alliums. Please stay away from lilies. Please.

• If you're planning to take Mom out, check here for listings. It seems like every restaurant has special brunches and dinners planned for Sunday.

No comments: